Aug 20, 2009

I've sketched and scribbled since the last update, I've just been a really lazy bum about scanning them in.
Well, here's a few of them...



Here's a couple of doodles done with a ballpoint pen on a couple of post-it notes. I'm actually very proud of the woman. I did it as an exercice in drawing clothing with folds, and while not perfect it is still a marked improvement on previous attempts.



Just a small boy drawn from imagination. Kind of anime-like.
It's very exagerated, but I like it that way.



Here's an attempt at a heroic pose and stylized lines. She looks like the star of a really horrible superhero comic, doesn't she? I'm happy with the way the hair turned out. I decided not to do any shading to keep that simple style.




Villain, anyone?
Yeah, I tried to draw a Sauron-esque wizard badguy.
Not really happy with how it turned out...



I started drawing that little wizard-dude with no real plan as to how it should turn out and decided to keep drawing in the same style. I really liked the wizard, but wasn't really satisfied with the other guys so I tried to draw a dragon in the same style. Once the shout came into place it looked more like a pig, so that's what he turned into.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Though I think the heroic pose would be better if the right kneecap was not pointing outwards...to me it looks more like she is is spreading her legs than heroic pose :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right. I felt something was wonky without being able to put my finger on it. Thanks for pointing that out. ^_^

    ReplyDelete